I don’t have matric. How do I get it?

Many people leave school before they finish matric and many years later decide that they want to pass their matric examinations. Adult learners, who feel that they are too old to go back to a traditional high school, have a number of options in obtaining their matric certificates:

  • The Matriculation Board: This body is an advisory committee that deals with entrance requirements for studies at institutes of higher learning. It provides a very important service to students who don’t have matric and cannot study further in their chosen fields without the certificate. If you want to know more about the Matriculation Board, please visit its website on: http://www.hesa-enrol.ac.za.
  • Umalusi: This is the Council for Quality Assurance in South Africa. This body aims to provide quality adult education centres and to provide quality assurance for the General Education and Training Certificate (GETC) for adults. It also provides accreditation for private education centres. Learn more about Umalusi at: http://www.umalusi.org.za.
  • If you have left school recently, the best option would be to return to full-time school to complete your matric and obtain the certificate. If you don’t want to enrol at a state school, a good option would be:
  • Curro Private School: Currently, there are four Curro private schools in the Western Cape and Gauteng, with three more due to open in January 2011. These schools provide quality education in small classes, which allows for personal attention by teachers. If you want to know more about Curro schools, check out their website at: http://www.curro.co.za. From this site, you will be directed to the individual schools’ websites.

Site map | Privacy Policy
www.matric.co.za - All Rights Reserved @ 2013